Litigation and Arbitration
Our litigation team, made up of lawyers trained at major national and international Law firms, stands out for the following aspects:
- Personalised counselling: We offer comprehensive and effective counselling in all areas.
- Negotiations: Our efforts are aimed at preventing trials or settling disputes in the initial stages of proceedings.
- Proceedings: Our trial lawyers have over 20 years of experience in all sorts of in-court and arbitration proceedings related to business.
- Enforcement: Success is not in winning legal proceedings but in achieving the objective for which they were initiated.
- High technical level: We have in-depth knowledge of the procedural regulations applying to the different types of proceedings and procedures (order-for-payment, debt-collection, oral, ordinary, etc.) in all sorts of Civil Law and Commercial Law matters. We know how to use all the available procedural tools (pre-trial proceedings, interim relief, evidence of opinion, etc.) and have a deep understanding of the system of appeals, both ordinary and to the Supreme Court.
Our team has experience with all types of legal proceedings arising from partners or shareholders disputes, which often lead to the challenging of resolutions or directors’ liability procedures.
Experience is essential to handle such cases effectively without losing sight of the main priority: to prevent the dispute from harming the business.
In such disputes, an overall approach to the problem, considering all the factors at play, is key to succeed.
Disputes over the breach, interpretation and enforcement of commercial contracts
We manage payment default for businesses, advising them in both pre-trial and trial proceedings.
Where a dispute arises from the breach of an agreement and either its termination or enforcement is sought, our command of Contract Law can prove particularly useful.
We offer both preventive and litigation counselling to businesses and private clients on all aspects related to unfair competition (disclosure of trade secrets, misleading or deceptive practices, parasitic copying, unduly benefitting from the efforts of others, customer poaching, etc.).
We counsel national and foreign clients from all sorts of industries on the monitoring of economic mergers and on practices that constitute the restriction of competition or the abuse of a dominant position. We also draft reports and defend our clients’ interests before the Courts and the European Commission.
We counsel developers and builders on disputes relating to the Spanish Building Act, mainly arising from construction defects. We have collaborated with architects and quantity surveyors in the preparation of technical reports, which has provided us with an in-depth knowledge of the documents involved in such proceedings.
“He who fights, can lose. He who doesn’t fight, has already lost “. (Bertolt Brecht)