Our department of Environmental Law is led by Juan Ignacio Xiberta, who has developed his professional career and experience over 25 years.
Despite counseling in this area being very specialized, it is offered from a comprehensive approach, in close collaboration with other professionals of the Firm so as to meet the needs of both the public and the business law sectors (businesses, associations and corporate management), and particularly, with industrial corporations, waste managers or entrepreneurs associations.
Law is a complex system; therefore the various specialties involved are far from being organized in hermetic departments. For this reason, collaboration between our teams is essential.
We specialize in waste, water, odors and noise matters and in environmental licenses and permits or procedures.
By way of an example, our customers rely on us for the following:
- Representing their interests in environmental committees of entrepreneurs associations or before public administrations.
- Appearing in procedures of public or local community information and filing pleadings in the procedures for granting environmental permits, licenses, legislative procedures, etc.
- Advising on files with environmental implications: waste, obtaining and modifying integrated environmental permits and problematic environmental licenses for all types of disposal sites, valuation of used tires, sanitary waste, design and development of management strategies for different waste streams for the purpose of the recircularization of materials and the reduction of waste treatment and management costs.
- Advising on other environmental vectors, water waste discharges, noise and odor pollution reports, legalization of wells or municipalization of water supply services.
- Writing recommendation handbooks to comply with all the applicable regulations, reports and guidelines on environmental issues.
- Designing corporate environmental policies in order to increase the company’s sale value or the chances to be granted a public contract.
- In the context of contentious civil actions: civil liability proceedings due to, among others, malfunctioning of tools and equipment and breach of contract linked to environment matters.
- In Due Diligence proceedings: analysis of environmental aspects.
- Sanction and contentious-administrative proceedings.
- Subsidies refund files.
- Drawing up binding terms in commercial contracts with environmental implications. For instance: designing wastewater treatment plants, providing services of waste management, acquiring equipment, etc.
Such a new and complex matter arouses doubts among all the operators. Therefore, it is essential to maintain a consistent and fluent relationship with public institutions because, together, we develop environmental law.
“It is essential to maintain a consistent and fluent relationship with public institutions. Together, we develop environmental law.”